Assessment/Evaluation and Big Data
A variety of assessment and evaluation approaches and methodologies to assess and measure interprofessional competencies and health outcomes are discussed in the assessment / evaluation track. In addition, an introduction to informatics and big data approaches including the National Center IPE Core Data Set and Knowledge Generation seminars will be included.
- Describe the intended purpose and real-world application of the method(s) and/or tool(s).
- Identify the level(s) of learning and learners being addressed.
- Explain how the method(s) and/or tool(s) advance our ability to meaningfully assess learning and/or practice.
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities for using evaluation methods and/or assessments in different educational contexts.
- Do you see opportunities for using this tool/method in your IPE program?
- To what extent does this tool/method address a gap in IPE assessment?
- What are the possible applications to different levels of learners? Different types of educational experiences? Different contexts?
- How do we, as a field, move from knowledge, skills, and attitudes to competencies in practice?
- What are you learning evaluation and assessment from this track as a whole?